Liam O'Brien

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Phippo

Is Liam on his way out of the club? Personally I hope so as he scares the living daylights out of me! When Cousins had to go off early recently, I feared the worst in that game. Fortunately we went on to win, but once again when Liam had the chance to shine, he fluffed his lines! In my opinion he is not up to the standard required for League Football (at this stage of his career anyway). I notice he has not been on the bench for our last two league games, and I am not aware he has been injured so if that's the case, has Wayne lost faith in him?
ARNU

Didn't think he gave too bad an account of himself in the recent games he played.Funny that he wasn't sub though yesterday.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Club said he had a muscle strain.
Lcbdagger

Certainly not a long term answer given the points Cousins has saved us this season but unless he his on Loan there is no reason gee wouldn't be in the breech of not for injury. No way an Academy keeper is better
Diggerthedog

Thought he did well when he came in and would like to see him stay. Not sure at our level you can afford to have two actual numbers ones with the same quality in your squad. Decent back up in my view.
PaulHornchurch

Well we can't have a season with a 1st choice and Academy keeper as back up, then again we don't have the budget for 3 senior keepers.

I believe Liam is contracted till end of next season, and I'm sure he will speak with WB, grass isn't always greener, look at last seasons keepers, one on the bench and one retired.

Also, don't be surprised if we receive a offer for Mark, his performances are not going unnoticed.
its all good

Lewis Moore is actually 19 or 20
He came through Swansea's academy and is with us on a non contract basis I believe
He's an excellent keeper based on the development games I've seen him play in
matt_drfc

its all good wrote:Lewis Moore is actually 19 or 20
He came through Swansea's academy and is with us on a non contract basis I believe
Seems very short. Not always a bad thing, but can give the incentive to the opposition to put him under pressure.
Phippo

Lcbdagger wrote:Certainly not a long term answer given the points Cousins has saved us this season but unless he his on Loan there is no reason gee wouldn't be in the breech of not for injury. No way an Academy keeper is better
I haven't seen Lewis Moore in action to give an opinion as to how good (or not) he is. Not surprised Mark is attracting interest from above and much prefer him to Lewington. Liam as I've said does not cut it at this level.
I'm surprised if him between the sticks doesn't worry more of our supporters!
its all good

matt_drfc wrote:
Seems very short. Not always a bad thing, but can give the incentive to the opposition to put him under pressure.
He isn't the tallest but he's very good in the air.
He catches crosses even under challenge
Don't know what the plans for next year are but I don't think he'd let us down if Lewis had to come on to cover an injury
That's so often how young keepers get their chance
matt_drfc

its all good wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
He isn't the tallest but he's very good in the air.
He catches crosses even under challenge
Don't know what the plans for next year are but I don't think he'd let us down if Lewis had to come on to cover an injury
That's so often how young keepers get their chance
Wayne done an interview recently and when asked if Moore was ready to step up he said if Cousins was to be out for more than 2 or 3 games, he'd look at getting someone else in. So at the moment, it seems he's maybe not quite ready. I believe he was at Canvey earlier on this season?